The Clean Plant Center Northwest provides propagative material free of targeted pathogens and pests that cause economic loss to ensure the global competitiveness of hop producers. To achieve this mission, we:
- Test hop selections of interest (and potential interest) to the hop growing and brewing industries for the presence of viruses, viroids, and phytoplasma.
- Eradicate targeted pathogens, when necessary, from propagative material prior to distribution.
- Provide material that is true-to-type and the best representation of the stated cultivar of hop.
- Investigate more efficient methods of obtaining hop plants free of pathogens.
- Research the effects of viruses on hop plants and identify management strategies to decrease economic losses.