Control of plant diseases begins with accurate identification of the causal agent; viruses are particularly difficult to identify by symptoms alone. The WSU Plant Pest Diagnostic Clinic
(Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay), and PCR
(Polymerase Chain Reaction) testing options for rapid and accurate information to our customers. Please contact Rachel Bomberger by email (firstname.lastname@example.org
) or phone (509-335-3292) for details about testing services.
Diagnostic Tests Available
- Alfalfa: Alfalfa mosaic virus
- Apples & Pears: Apple mosaic virus, Apple chlorotic leaf spot virus, Apple stem grooving virus, & Apple stem pitting virus.
- Beans: Alfalfa mosaic virus, Bean common mosaic virus, & Bean common necrosis virus, & Tomato ringspot virus.
- Berries: Blueberry scorch virus, Blueberry shock virus, & Tomato ringspot virus.
- Cherries and other stone fruit: Cherry leaf roll virus, Prune dwarf virus, & Prunus necrotic ringspot virus.
- Grapevines: Grapevine leafroll-associated virus-3, Grapevine red blotch virus, & Xylella fastidiosa (Pierce’s Disease).
- Hops: Apple mosaic virus, Hop mosaic virus, & Hop stunt viroid.
- Vegetables: Asparagus virus-2, Cucumber mosaic virus & Tomato ringspot virus